1. Baked Macaroni and Cheese: You can make it out of a box, or you can create it from scratch. Add extra shredded cheese and bread crumbs on top for a crispy crust.
2. Black Beans and Rice: You can make this dish all in one pot. Just make sure you presoak your beans if you’re using dried or simply use fully-drained canned black beans. Put them in the pot with your rice and cooking as usual. For extra flavor, use a vegetable broth instead of water for cooking.
3. Cheese and Potato Perogies: A hearty meatless dish, perogies can be made from scratch, but quality frozen varieties make for a satisfying meal. Serve with fried onions and sour cream.
4. Corn Chowder: This thick and hearty soup can be made completely meatless by skipping the bacon that is usually added. Make it with corn kernels, potatoes, onions, carrots and cream.
5. Cream of Leek and Potato Soup: This is a simple and tasty soup made with leeks, potatoes, onions and cream. It can be cooked on the stove or in a slow cooker and pureed with a hand blender when done.
6. Cream of Mushroom Soup: Fresh mushrooms make all the difference in cream of mushroom soup. It’s traditionally made with cream and chicken stock, but you can use a vegetable stock if you prefer your soup to be meatless.
7. Egg Salad Sandwiches: Take some hard boiled eggs and chop them up finely. Add a little mayo, mustard and finely chopped celery or pickles. Season with salt, pepper and maybe a little paprika. Serve on bread with lettuce and tomato.
8. French Toast: Beat some eggs with a dollop of milk and cinnamon. Dip some bread slices so both sides are covered with the egg mixture and cook on a medium skillet. Flip over when browned on one side and cook on the other side. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with syrup. For extra yumminess, top with fresh berries.
9. Grilled Cheese and Soup: We loved it as children and there’s no reason we can’t love it now. Experiment with a variety of cheeses and don’t forget to dip the sandwich in your favorite soup.
10. Lentil Soup: Hearty and full of dietary fiber and folate, this soup is a healthy addition to a meal. You can make lentil soup in a variety of ways, but you can’t go wrong with carrots, onions, tomatoes and garlic.
11. Minestrone Soup: This Italian soup is usually made with a variety of vegetables, stewed tomatoes and pasta. Chicken stock is often used, but you can easily substitute it with vegetable stock, if you prefer.
12. Nachos: It’s easy to make this pub food at home. All you need are some tortilla chips, shredded cheddar and jack cheese, diced red pepper and tomatoes. Bake in the oven and serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
13. Oatmeal: Dress up your oatmeal and don’t be afraid to experiment for a more satisfying meal. Some things you might add: berries, raisins, chocolate chips, diced apple, brown sugar, maple syrup, jam, honey, sliced bananas and more.
14. Omelet: Full of protein and amino acids, eggs are a healthy protein. You can make omelets with all kinds of meatless fillings including tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, cheese, olives, capers, onions and more.
15. Pancakes: A great meal, any time of day. Top with berries, sliced bananas, yogurt, crushed walnuts and more. You can even make your pancakes healthier by including a sweet potato puree in the batter.
16. Pesto Linguini: An easy-peasy dinner idea. Cook your linguini noodles and toss in some pesto. Top with sundried tomatoes, olives and parmesan. Serve with garlic bread.
17. Pesto Pizza: Instead of tomato-based pizza sauce on your next pizza, try a layer of pesto instead. Then top with your usual favorite veggie and cheese toppings.
18. Poached Eggs on English Muffins: A simple and classic meal. Add some sliced tomato and season with salt and pepper.
20. Ramen Noodle Soup: If you’re making noodles out of the package, don’t be shy about adding your own vegetables too. Whether it’s steamed sliced carrots or frozen peas, you can dress up ramen into a scrumptious meal.
21. Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce: A simple and satisfying meal, spaghetti and tomato sauce is easy to make. Try adding some meatless meatballs and serve with garlic bread.
22. Stuffed Baked Potatoes: Go wild and crazy with your baked potatoes. Add broccoli, cheese sauce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, chives, veggie chili, salsa or whatever suits your fancy.
23. Tofu Stir Fry: Like any other stir fry, but with added meatless protein. Marinate the tofu first for extra flavor. Serve over steamed rice or noodles.
24. Vegetable and Rice Stuffed Pepper: Instead of ground beef and rice in a stuff pepper, dice up and sauté some vegetables and add them to a pepper. Top with shredded cheese and bake until heated all the way through.
25. Vegetable Kebobs: You don’t need meat to make a great kebab. Try pearl onions, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, mushrooms and more.
26. Vegetable Pot Pie: Just as satisfying as its chicken and beef counterparts, a vegetable pot pie can be made with a variety of vegetables and vegetable-based soup stock.
27. Vegetable Quesadillas: Fill your quesadillas with meatless options like onions, peppers, mango slices, beans, spinach, mushrooms and more. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
28. Vegetarian Chili: Skip the ground beef and double up on the beans for a delicious and hearty chili. Serve with bread and salad to complete your meal.
29. Vegetarian Lasagna: Instead of ground beef, try adding vegetables like sliced mushrooms, eggplant and sweet peppers. If you use plenty of sauce, there is no need to cook the noodles ahead of time. Just layer your ingredients and bake!
30. Veggie Burgers: There are plenty ready-made veggie burger patty options in most grocery stores. You can also make your own burgers with sliced and marinated tofu or a nice grilled portabello mushroom.
31. Veggie Pizza: With so many meatless options, there’s no need for meat on a pizza. Try sliced or diced tomato, mushrooms, sweet and hot peppers, olives, broccoli, onions, sweet potato, zucchini, eggplant, spinach and more.
32. Waffles: Out of a box or from scratch, dress up your waffles with berries, sliced bananas, crushed nuts, maple syrup or any topping that you’d like.