Setting Your Health and Body Goals Checklist
Use this handy checklist to help you set your health and body goals.
Accessing Where You Are
- I’ve assessed my health and know where I am starting from so I can track my success.
- I have tools, apps and resources to help me keep track of my progress.
- I have spoken to my doctor or another health professional about my ideas and have been given the okay to begin.
Deciding Where You Want to Be
- I’ve selected my overall goal. It is achievable and realistic.
- I’ve broken my large goal into sub-sections with smaller goals.
- I’ve taken those sub-sections and broken them into steps I will need to take each day in order to reach my overall goal.
- I have set a timeline of when I will reach my overall goal as well as my smaller goals.
Planning How You’re Going to Get There
- I understand being organized is a part of my overall success. I have everything planed out in detail.
- Each goal, big and small and each step I plan to take is realistic and achievable by me.
- I have a set schedule and plan to stick to it so it becomes habit.
- I’ve selected the technologies I need to help me achieve my goals.
- I know having fun is vital to success and have worked it into my plan.
- I know how I’m going to handle the negative, naysayers in my life.
Change Your Perspective
- I understand this is a lifestyle change not a time limited event.
- I plan to learn everything I can about this new way of life and how it affects every aspect of my life.
- I love myself and will continue to tell myself this each and every day.
- I have thought about ways to turn negatives into positives.
- I plan to take time out of each day to find some quiet time to reflect on my progress.
Develop Accountability & Motivation
- I have found a mentor, coach, or partner to work with.
- I have found some online groups to help me along my journey.
- I have a few close friends/family members who are willing to support me.
- I have a notebook set aside to write down my thoughts, struggles, successes, trials and errors along the way.
- I have created visual cues to keep me motivated.
- If necessary, I have alarms I can see to keep me on track.
- I’ve found some self-motivation strategies that will work for me.
Take Pride in Your Accomplishments
- I have some non-food rewards planned.
- My rewards will be specifically for me to enjoy.
- I will take photos and document my successes.
Setting Your Health and Body Goals – Worksheet
If weight loss is your goal, you can track your numbers here:
Weight: ___________________________Goal Weight: ______________________________
BMI: ______________________________Goal BMI: _________________________________
What is your ultimate goal (be specific)?
When do you plan to reach it? __________________________________________________
How do you plan to reach this goal?
In order to reach your ultimate goal, what will you do each month?
In order to reach your monthly goal, what will you do each week?
In order to reach your weekly goal, what will you do each day?
What technology, if any, do I need to reach my goals, track my progress and stay motivated?
What other things will you need to help reach your goals (special shoes, clothing, special food containers, journals, etc.)?
How do you currently see your life?
How do you envision your life once you reach your goal?
Books, websites or support groups I plan to use.
What do you love about yourself?
What negatives can you change to positives?
Who can help keep you honest?
What types of things are motivating to me?
What will I do to avoid overwhelm?
In what ways will I celebrate success?